No intro. Seriously.
- Someone has replaced my sweet son with a changeling who is surly, rude, and obnoxious. And also partially insane. He woke me up at 5:30 this morning by kicking the walls in his room, then complaining that “It’s not fair that [Miss M] has her own room now.” The inverse of this is that he also has his own room. So the unfair part is…what?
- (NB: I had also been up in the middle of the night tending to the other child and her questionable tummy.)
- The weather, though beautiful, is confusing. It’s hot in the sun. And cool in the shade. And might rain, but probably not, but it poured in Herzliya and drizzled in Tel Aviv. How does one dress for that? (The answer, apparently, is the same as so many other weather-related quandaries: light layers. So how many weeks until we will lose a sweater?)
- It was, however, amazing weather for fruit picking yesterday for Leket Israel, a volunteer organization that owns and harvests fruit orchards and vegetable fields (among other projects)–all the produce goes into food baskets for the needy.
- Work. Just. I can’t even.
- I made peanut butter & Nutella cookies for Shabbat and forgot to serve them. I wasn’t that happy with them to begin with because you couldn’t taste the Nutella all that much. So of course I ate like three dozen of them.
- The cleaning fairies still have not found my house.
- Oh…Miss M left her pencil case at home. There will be tears. Even if (as I assume will happen) someone loans her a pencil.
Off to find coffee. (Or, as I like to call it in friendly company: COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)