How are you? Hope you’re good.
I’m really, really, really busy. I also really, really, really need a nap. Unfortunately these two things are completely incompatible.
- After a couple of rough days at school (because, unbeknownst to me, Miss M’s new school has automatic flush toilets! top three fear!), things have settled down, and she really loves it. Yay!
- AM’s new student speech therapist is quite good. She has two kids, who are 5 and 10, so she’s familiar with all the lovely (and not so lovely) behaviors of this age.
- I got to see an old friend from my former, employed life, who now lives in Cleveland. She’s in the adorable stage of pregnancy (31 weeks, give or take), where the baby has hiccups and gives his opinion at meetings but hasn’t made her life an uncomfortable mess 24/7.
- I made dinner for above friend on Wednesday. (Veggie pot pie and brownies! Yum!) I got no shabbat cooking done on Wednesday, but rather had to leave it all for the end of the week. Under normal circumstances that would have been ok, but my brother in law is here for shabbat and so I decided to have all sorts of other company also and OMG I don’t have room in the fridge for everything and there is absolutely nothing Miss M will eat except sweet potato and corn. That and fruit and cereal should keep her until Sunday morning right? Is it my fault that the child will not eat turkey meatloaf, which, by the way, every other kid to whom I have served it loves?
- Going to bed too late. Waking up too early. But not waking up when AM clambers in next to me, which is strange because I have done that like every night for the past year.